______________________________________________________________________________________________ Well, I think mostly in the earlier Zelda games, the Princess would just sit around and wait to be rescued, but here's the useful ones I can think of:
Warning: The following text might contain spoilers. This makes the answer more aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds. Take caution and carry a first-aid kit at all times if you don't know that Little Orphan Ani is really Darth Vader, Polly had the lens cap on the whole time, Leonard has already found and killed his wife's killer, Tony gets shot by Chino and dies in Maria's arms, Heathcliff finally dies, and Catherine and Hareton get married, Lex Luthor gets stranded on a deserted island (again),and the Lord of the Flies is inside us all.
- Ocarina of Time- Zelda (disguised as Shiek) rescued Princess Ruto, gave Link advice, and taught him the warp songs. Then as Zelda, she helped Link escape the crumbling Hyrule Castle and, along with the other Sages, charged the Master Sword for the final blow against Ganon.
- Wind Waker- Zelda (as pirate captian Tetra) helped Link break into Forsaken Fortress, actually defended him from Ganondorf at one point, and shot Light Arrows at Ganondorf in the final battle.
- Twilight Princess- Zelda doesn't do much for most of the game (although she had the potential to, I believe she was the first Princess Zelda to visibly know how to wield a sword), but in the final battle she shoots Light Arrows at Ganondorf, much like Wind Waker Zelda.
- Spirit Tracks- Zelda (as a disembodied spirit) is Link's companion for the entire adventure and is able to possess Phantoms. As a Phantom, she can fight enemies, push heavy blocks, walk through lava, carry Link, and smash through walls, so she's pretty handy to have around.
These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm hardly a Zelda expert. Someone else might know of more.
^ These are all true, but just to add a couple of potential ones (Spoilers):
- In Majora's Mask, a flashback shows Princess Zelda (from Ocarina of Time) giving the Hero of Time Link the Ocarina of Time which comes in handy...very very handy...
- In Oracle of Ages/Seasons Linked Game, while Link is looking for the last Essence of Nature/Time, Zelda gives hope to the people...Of course, this is exactly what Twinrova wanted, they then capture Zelda, planning to sacrifice her to awaken Ganon...
- In Four Swords Adventure, she actually helps Link defeat Ganon, by creating a ball of pure light, once it is ready it allows Link to seal Ganon in the Four Sword.
Four Swords Adventure was the only one that Zelda really helped gameplay wise, but the others were somewhat essential to the story. Timelinesplitter 05:17, May 16, 2012 (UTC)